Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thirsty

I read this article in the NY Times the other day.  We live in such a strange world, with such strange distribution of resources.  I feel a little despair when I read this stuff, reminding me of how unsustainable our systems are.

And then I feel better when Abe comes home with two giant, food-grade containers stacked on the roof of his rabbit.

thanks to Josh and the man who gave them to us FREE via Craigslist

Because we don't have to farm 2,000 acres of carrots in a dessert.  We can have a tiny farm in our backyard, watered with whatever we can collect from our roof.  We can grow what we need, use dual flush toilets, and save pasta water for our house plants.  Even within a broken system, we have choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmers love back talk. Tell me more...