Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wonderful choices are easier on Tuesdays.


Monday was hard.  All day at work I had clients with terrible problems and terrible attitudes.  I rushed home to wash dishes and start on my (million item) to-do list.

I took this picture out my car window at a stop light just off my exit, because the wildness and the flowers pleased me. When I got home, I spent some time wandering around the yard checking on the Growing Things - the fig tree gaining tiny, hard green fruit, the dried, gnarly grape vine advancing tiny florescent leaves. It was peaceful and nourishing, and then I went inside, freaked out about my messy kitchen, and yelled at my husband.

The world is a beautiful place, and I am in it. Somehow, I have to learn to turn off the frantic inside me and just take in the wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, Baby. I've been doing the same thing (Hmmm, who taught us this?), wandering around the yard for a few minutes each day to check on the flowers and trees and my herbs and tomatoes. I always come in feeling more relaxed. Maybe we just need to get rid of our kitchens...and bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete

Farmers love back talk. Tell me more...